Women's Writing Retreat 2022
September 15-18 in Ely, Minnesota.
Join a small group of women gathering to celebrate and learn together through writing, nature immersion and heart-based listening.
Reserve your spot today! Registration form at bottom of page.
Renew with us on Burntside Lake in September!
- Longing for a deeper connection with nature?
- Craving a creative and growth-oriented community of women?
- Desiring support for personal transition work?
- Seeking inspiration and creative space for your writing?
Your hosts, Annette and Kathryn, have teamed up to facilitate an empowering exploration for you. This retreat is designed to connect you with your creative spirit, strengthen your relationship with self, and deepen your connection to the natural world. No previous experience needed, curiosity invited.
We invite you to:
- Experience writing sessions in nature (and on Listening Point) that expand your creative process and elevate your unique voice
- Explore the woods and waters through guided practices that shift you out of your head and into your heart, opening new levels of awareness with the natural world
- Deepen your connection with Self to support your personal growth and expansion
Cost of the retreat is $875 (single unit-4 available) or $750 per person (individual room, shared cabin).
- Thursday, Sept. 15th 6:00 pm through Sunday, Sept. 18th. at noon.
- Rustic accommodations at Camp Van Vac Resort (3 nights) located in the Burntside Lake area (http://www.campvanvac.com) just west of Ely, Minnesota. Single rooms or cabins (1 bedroom)
- Group sessions guiding you to a deeper sense of self and creative expression
- Trips to Sigurd Olson’s Listening Point, the Olson home and Sig’s iconic Writing Shack
- Simple meals, enriching and wholesome.
Space is limited to 8 women. Reserve your spot today!
A $300 deposit is required to hold your reservation. Full payment due 2 weeks before the event.
Questions? Need more information? Please contact us at email@example.com or send us a message on our Contact page.
Registration deadline: August 30th.
About Your Hosts
Annette Drewes, Ph.D. – Trained as an ecologist and educator, Annette was shaped by the lakes and streams of her youth in southern Minnesota. Caddisflies and mayflies can make her squeal with excitement. Annette has shared her curiosity for the natural world with thousands through her work with the Department of Natural Resources, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, University of Minnesota Extension and most recently, The Nature Conservancy. Through her graduate research at the University of Wisconsin – Madison she explored the relationships people have to place, through the lens of the annual wild rice harvest. Annette has since become a passionate voice for wild rice, manoomin, and shares through her website wildricevoices.com. Annette continues to explore new ways of listening and being on this earth, sharing her experiences through writing. Several years ago Annette was introduced to Gateless Writing and now, as a Gateless Writing Instructor, guides others in discovering their unique voice.
Kathryn Gonzalez, M.S. – Kathryn’s journey has been informed by a deep desire to understand and nurture the relationship between people and the land, and to inform the systems we create and the ways we walk on the Earth, individually and collectively. Like many, this journey has taken twists and turns that inform her current focus, which centers on the inner dimension of sustainability and is anchored in awareness-based social change practices. Kathryn completed her Masters’ degree in Forestry, where she studied the Human Dimension of Forest Resources. From there she began a career as a Kundalini yoga instructor, blending contemplative practices, energy work, and embodied awareness that informs change at the personal, collective and systemic levels. Transformation has been at the heart of her path of inquiry, and she currently serves as a transformational coach to inform inner leadership practices that re-imagine our relationship with Self, others and the Earth.