Sigurd Olson created Listening Point, a rugged northern Minnesota property on Burntside Lake near Ely, Minnesota, in 1956 as a private retreat. It became widely known and celebrated after Alfred Knopf published Sig’s book, Listening Point, in 1958.
The Listening Point Foundation, Inc., owns and cares for the property at Listening Point and conducts visits for the interested public.
The Foundation is dedicated to furthering Sig’s legacy of wilderness education by publishing wilderness education materials and sponsoring wilderness educational programs.
Please explore our site with the following links:
- Learn more about Sig Olson, Listening Point and the Foundation
- Become a member (free!) and sign up to receive our bi-annual newsletter (also download past issues)
- Support the Foundation with a donation
- Discover our programs and events calendar
- Purchase books by Sig Olson and other products that help support our work
- Contact us for a tour of Listening Point or to send us a message